W. Austin Gardner
Rewards and Crowns
There will be a reward bestowed for that work that is proved to be indestructible by the fire test. In the New Testament there are five areas in which specific mention is made of a reward:
(1) an incorruptible crown for those who get mastery over the old man (1 Cor. 9:25);
(2) a crown of rejoicing for the soul winners (1 Thess. 2:19);
(3) a crown of life for those enduring trials (Jas. 1:12);
(4) a crown of righteousness for loving his appearing (2 Tim. 4:8); and
(5) a crown of glory for being willing to feed the flock of God (1 Pet. 5:4).
These seem to suggest the areas in which rewards will be bestowed.
Photo by Nathan Mcgregor on Unsplash
Dwight Pentecost, Things to Come